Pages

Sunday 25 October 2015

Pastels for autumn.

 Coat - New Look
Skirt & Bag - Topshop
Jumper - H&M
Boots - Asos

It's officially knitwear season, and the only consolation for the downturn in weather is the chance to wrap myself up in absurdly snuggly clothes. It might just be the West Midlands, but the wind is harsh and the temperatures are dropping and all I want is knitwear and coats! It's still absurdly warm in my classes though (thankyou, UOB, for aggressively warm heating) which means I have to be sensible - there's no use wearing a gorgeous chunky knit and ending up sweating in your lesson, or on the walk in if you're running a bit late! So easing myself into the wintery pursuit of strong layering I've gone for a fairly light knit jumper under my favourite coat. Pastels are a bit of a year-round obsession for me, and I refuse to pack them away in winter - nothing makes the grey sky easier to take than a bit of colour, and pastels keep me looking forward to spring. In an attempt to not fall victim to hibernation as the days get shorter and my essays get more horrible, I've constructed a list of my favourite things about autumn/winter...

Sweater Weather.
It may be the point of this post, but I'm a knitwear addict.

Falling Leaves.
The rich golds and oranges inspire my journaling and creativity, plus I'm such a child that I love crunching through them!

Chai Lattes.
Everyone raves about PSL, but chai lattes will always remind me of autumn and Christmas. Maybe it's the cinnamon, maybe it's the obsession with iced drinks in the summer, but September-February will always be my chai latte season.

Daylight Saving.
Having just got an extra hour's sleep in between shifts at work, I'm really appreciating the clocks going back! 

Faux Fur.
My winter wardrobe is basically my summer wardrobe with the addition of faux fur... and I can never have enough. Only this week I bought a huge faux fur coat that's so gorgeous I actually want it to hit minus numbers to justify it! And I'm already lusting after a faux fur scarf...

Fires.
I only get them when I'm at home for the holidays, but nothing beats a real fire in our wood-burner when the evenings get chilly!

Christmas.
If you know me then you're probably wondering why - I don't have a tree, don't really decorate or get into the spirit, and I definitely don't get involved for religious reasons! But I love any excuse to give presents to those I love, any excuse to eat more chocolate than I can physically bear, and I can't wait for the Christmas films to start.

These are a few of my favourite things about the coming seasons - and I'm going to come up with a more specific Autumn Favourites post with my favourite products and items of clothing, because changing from my summer to autumn wardrobe is a big shift in aesthetic..

Tara India xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment