Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Vintage finds.

 Outfit - Topshop
Bag - Vintage Gucci

"I like my money right where I can see it.. hanging in my closet." - Carrie Bradshaw

It was love (or lust) at first sight when I saw this rare piece of Gucci heaven hiding away in a tiny vintage store in Somerset - I literally zeroed in on it when I walked in the door, and although I tried to be sensible about not explicitly needing another bag I just couldn't leave it. I even walked away and ended up going back! I didn't hit my overdraft, I had money coming in, and this was such a steal that now I have no regrets. Because what's the point of saving and saving and never treating yourself? Miss Bradshaw has the right idea - invest in things you love instead of watching a (slightly abstract) figure on a bank statement! Whether it's going out with friends, eating good food, or buying yourself pretty things you never need an excuse to spoil yourself a little bit. 

I've also noticed that for a girl who proclaims to love the 40s/50s I've started to let the seventies creep into my life - maybe it's the catwalk influence (and my current obsession with Rodarte SS/16), or maybe it's the vintage gems that are surfacing, but it's noticeable now. Platform shoes, a classic Gucci handbag, and even my beloved Praktica - the 70s are undeniable both in my wardrobe and in fashion. I suppose as well as treating yourself I'll just say that you're likely to change a lot, without even noticing. It's human nature. I'm sure the me from even a few years ago wouldn't recognise my current incarnation, and who knows who I'll be in a few years. But I can't wait to see (and probably cringe over all my current outfits!)..

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment