Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Face your fears.

 Skirt & Sandals - Topshop
Top - Missguided
Necklace - Swarovski

For someone who routinely poses for photos in the most awkward of places and uploads way too many selfies on instagram, I'm not actually that comfortable in front of the camera! In some ways I'd rather be behind it (especially my vintage film camera), and that's another reason I'm sticking with blogging. As well as enjoying sharing my style, checking out other people's looks and keeping my own outfits fresh, I find that blogging is making me more and more comfortable in photographs - especially candids. It's incredibly easy to look at pictures and find a million flaws, or to only let people see the incredibly posed and edited shots, but we all look our best when we're not trying too hard! After a few months of taking photos and getting stared at by people I'm completely comfortable posing and marching around with friends snapping photos, as well as uploading the less than perfect ones for the world to see. We're all only human. I'd say now that if something scares you, try to do it! Especially things like taking photographs or speaking in public or wearing a certain item of clothing - often the longer you avoid something the worse it gets.

Okay, life lecture over! And now apologies for the wintery outfit - I don't even know what the weather is doing these days apart from making it near impossible to dress to be the right temperature! But I am definitely enjoying being able to go out without a jacket...

Tara India xo





No comments:

Post a Comment