Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

White out.

 Outfit - Topshop
Bag - Versace
Earrings - Vivienne Westwood

White is everywhere this season, from the runways to the shops to the still-cloudy sky, and I have completely fallen for its clean and wearable freshness. While I still gravitate towards black, I think the summer equivalent is white - while black attracts heat, white keeps you cooler, and frames print and texture just as well. It may be an absence of colour, but it looks perfect against green grass, blue skies, and pairs with pretty much anything. I don't think white is as easy to wear, not as universally flattering, and comes with a little anxiety about keeping it clean (especially when you're as messy as me!) but it is very fresh and clean, and feels almost like inviting summer in. I wore this last night to go in to town and then out to dinner and it worked perfectly as a day to night outfit thanks to the bodycon style and lace texture, especially when framed by black accessories and my favourite silver sandals. I don't think I'll ever get away from my love of monochrome, but maybe I'll start wearing more white than black now that it's getting a little sunnier..

Tara India xo






No comments:

Post a Comment