Pages

Sunday 17 May 2015

Mix it up.

 Biker Jacket, Bralet, Sandals & Sunglasses - Topshop
Trousers - Asos
Necklace & Bracelet - Vivienne Westwood
Handbag - Versace

 I'm sure I've said it before, but my favourite way to dress is to combine aesthetics - I'll never quite go top to toe classic or retro or bright. I may have a real affinity for the fifties but I will always give things a twist, just so I don't look like I've stepped out of a time warp, and I love to modernise things and put together aspects of different looks to create something fresh. I like to think that's one of the things that makes me so individual! I can't seem to pin down my own aesthetic, switching between vintage and modern and bright and subdued from day to day, so I like to draw something out of each of them. Every so often I try to work out what to describe my look as on that particular day and I usually can't fix on it. This outfit was one of those - it's full of some of my favourite elements and is overall cohesive, but it's influences range from the bright and almost garish florals of the seventies on my trousers, and the classic luxe lace and leather of my bralet and handbag, tied together with a modern classic in my biker jacket. I also think it is my attention to detail that keeps my outfits working - perhaps without the coordinated jewellery and simple colour scheme, with lipstick picking out the colour in my hair and trousers, then this wouldn't have worked. Whatever it is, I can at least say I never dress predictably and my looks are never dull!

Tara India xo


No comments:

Post a Comment