Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

Print clash.


Coat, Top, Skirt & Socks - Topshop
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Versace
Jewellery - Vintage

Even though I've been keeping things fairly simple recently, I'm a big fan of mixing and matching my prints. It's the kind of slightly bold, slightly risky move that keeps fashion fresh, and I like to think I've got it down after a good few years of experimentation! Prints in themselves are often loud, proud and quite attention-grabbing, so when you mix and match it really makes for an interesting outfit. This combination here is rather tried-and-tested for me in that I've been mixing florals and checks for quite a while, but this is a more wintery take on it. I usually stick to my boldest prints for summer, but I don't like to remain predictable so I clashed up my top and skirt when I went home last weekend. I will admit that I kept the framing fairly simple, remaining within a dark palette so that it looked intentional and not like I got dressed with the lights out! But my favourite thing about this outfit is that because I opted for a Bardot-esque off-shoulder top I got to break out some of my favourite vintage jewellery.

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment