Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Vintage and Versace.

Coat & Top - Topshop
Skirt - Vintage
Ankle Boots - New Look
Bag - Versace

This post proudly centres on probably my favourite Christmas present (although I did get some gorgeous jewellery and a new camera and VS clothes!), which is a Versace handbag! It's not totally new since it came by way of my grandmother, but she's used it all of twice and it even has more backstory now - when her husband bought it for her in Milan they told him the price and he asked 'what about the 30% discount?', and obviously it was already including the discount.. Suffice it to say I love this bag for being classic, timeless, and high quality, as well as the cute lions on the straps and zipper that keep it totally Donatella. Of course, I never could have bought it myself since it is definitely real skin, but I couldn't turn down a present.. For its debut I paired it with a fairly simple outfit, focussing on the bag and its contrast to the soft pink of my vintage skirt.

Of course, I'll be the first to say that just because something is expensive doesn't mean it is worth it! Every time I see someone out in a designer tracksuit that probably costs more than my rent for 6 months I cringe - with all the beautiful items out there, why that?! Just because the price tag is killer, doesn't mean the object is. I'd only ever buy something designer if I liked it! Labels are fine, but vintage and high street can be equally beautiful. You can't buy style - it comes in how you compose your outfits.

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment