Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Material girl.

Top, Trousers, Socks & Shoes - Topshop
Coat - New Look
Necklace - Vintage

This outfit is one of my recent favourites, because it is a departure from my current adoration of all things dark - I seem to like my clothes like my coffee, black as my soul haha! But it's a new year and pretty much all that's getting me through this season of rain, wind and practicality is the anticipation of spring, so sometimes I dress like it! This is what I like to think of as springtime monochrome, brightening up some classic black and white with pastels, and of course some vintage bling (this necklace is 1960s).

As I'm sure you've noticed, most of my clothes come from Topshop and most of my jewellery is vintage, and I adore designer labels, champagne and shopping. It's fair to say I've got expensive taste, but right now I face the challenge of having very little money! This means that you'll be seeing a lot of all the clothes I already own (don't get bored of me!) while I use my dollar to live on! I actually welcome this challenge because it inspires creativity, and I like to re-imagine ways to wear items, and reinvent the aesthetic of older pieces. When I get a bit better at this I'll post a few tips for reinventing your wardrobe without spending much money!

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment