Pages

Saturday 20 December 2014

Pretty in pink.


 Coat - New Look
Crop Top & Skirt - Topshop
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Longchamp

This was my final Birmingham outfit - I'm happy to report that it's warmer down south! I really love my pastel pink coat because it stands out against the myriad of darker shades (which are also favourites of mine) and the dull grey British weather, and it is surprisingly versatile.. But now it's time for an unpopular opinion - namely the fact that I'm already over Christmas! I'm no Scrooge and I love sitting by the fire eating chocolate, my favourite English meal is roast dinner, a cheesy cosy jumper is always a winner with me, and giving presents makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, but the whole performance of "Christmas" is far too much for me. Five days to go and I've already lost all the excitement..

I've never had an advent calendar or a tree in my house, I stopped sending cards about four years ago (except the family ones) and for the last three years I've worked on Christmas day! Decorating the house seems a bit redundant to me - especially since most people go tacky these days - because I already have fairy lights and cute decorations, so why would I want a tree taking up space? If I want my loved ones to see how much I appreciate them, I'd rather give a gift randomly than have one day a year foisted upon me because it almost feels forced. I'm sick of there being a Christmas aisle from practically Easter, sick of the ever-extending run-up (soon all year will just be a pathetic pre-Christmas) and I'm sick of the way it feels like an obligation. And finally, who really needs an excuse to eat chocolate?! I would much rather Christmas stuck to its few days midwinter, and all the cheesy tunes and incessantly over-the-top decoration was abandoned for good.

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment