Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Fashion fades, style is eternal.

Top - Urban Outfitters
Skirt, Socks & Bag - Topshop
Jacket - New Look
Shoes - River Island
Dior Bracelet & Sunglasses - Vintage

"Fashion fades but style is eternal" - Yves Saint Laurent.
Probably one of the most overused quotes in the fashion world, but still one of my favourites. I'm a big believer in classic combinations, and although it can be fun to subvert them I find myself falling back on them whenever I feel stuck for an outfit. Black and white is the stereotypical monochrome look, yet it always looks fabulous and it allows the freedom to play with texture in a more subtle way; the lace skirt and spotted top may have been over the top in other colours, but the simple hues keep it classic. It also allows for details to shine, such as my beautiful vintage Dior bracelet. Finally, the addition of red lipstick adds an extra level of class, and really makes the outfit pop - I think this colour palette will be one of my favourites for many years to come..

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment