Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Upcycling.

Dress & Earrings - Topshop
Jacket - New Look
Shoes - River Island
Mini Satchel - ASOS
Bracelet - Marc by Marc Jacobs

For most of us, buying an entirely new wardrobe every season is the height of extravagance, frippery, and impossibility and the head-to-toe catwalk ensembles seen on the fash-pack are beautiful, but entirely unattainable. Personally, I believe that style lasts for decades while trends fade after a few months - in other words, a versatile piece will still look fabulous a few years after purchase. The odd on-trend item keeps it up to the minute, while those faithful classics get renewed year after year. I also find if I buy something (especially on my teensy student budget) then I really love it, and have no intention of replacing it within the next few years! So year after year my favourite hero pieces, such as this dress from a few years back, find themselves once again walking the streets - all it takes is a new pair of shoes or an updated bag to keep a look fresh and current. Chances are you'll start to recognise some of my perennial favourites!

Tara India xo

No comments:

Post a Comment