Pages

Saturday 27 September 2014

Born in the wrong era.

Crop Top & Socks - Topshop
Skirt & Shoes - River Island
Necklace & Sunglasses - Vintage
 
Anyone who knows me well knows that I wish I'd been 20 in the 1940s/50s, instead of now! I adore pretty much everything about the era (gender inequality and tenuous politics aside), from Dior's new look to film cameras, from Marilyn to Sylvia Plath, and from black and white movies to never going out without your hat and gloves. It's not that I believe I would have been a screen siren, but something about my personal aesthetic and general attitude lead me to believe that I was erroneously born into the 90s/00s, when really I should have been a fifties girl! So every so often I end up dressing in a manner that has been described as '1950s housewife', such as the other day when I strolled onto campus feeling very retro and very cute. I am especially in love with my vintage necklace - I'm such a magpie... Of course, since I do live in 2014, I rarely ever go top-to-toe vintage style because looking like you've stepped out of a time warp isn't a good image. That's why I keep a modern twist, like these chunky River Island shoes.

Tara India xo

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you look so cute! The skirt color is so nice, and I like how it matches with the top.
    I think that years are so interesting, but I think I prefer de 60's and the 70's, they were more diversed and crazy ^^

    ReplyDelete